Facility Service Worker (Auxiliary)
Position Type: Unionized Auxiliary
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Number of positions available: Multiple
Facility Service Workers (FSW) play a crucial role in ensuring that guest experiences at the Richmond Olympic Oval are supported by outstanding first impressions. As a Facility Service Worker, you are both proactive and responsive in providing exceptional guest experiences through routine facilities and/or equipment care, cleaning and maintenance, parking operations, venue conversions and frontline operational services. FSW’s are great at finding solutions, capable of independent motivation, love to work in a busy operational environment, customer focussed and able to perform well within a team environment.
Your core responsibilities include,
· Parkade & parking operations support as required including wayfinding, in/out permissions, basic enforcement and general oversight at primary and secondary parking sites (some locations may be off-site in close proximity to the Oval)
· Facilities, grounds & equipment upkeep, including the safe moving, storing and set-up of equipment
· Building Service Worker (BSW) services as required including sanitization and cleaning
· Facility conversions and support services as required for multiple departments, meetings, events and/or similar
· Minor maintenance as required
· Vehicle and equipment operations on and off site as required
· Detail, presentation and service oriented in all duties as assigned
Examples of Work include,
· Parkade support services such as traffic flow & capacity, safety & compliance initiatives, minor maintenance, etc.
· Detailed upkeep of exterior grounds, including waste & debris removal, safety & aesthetics checks, minor maintenance, etc.
· BSW support services such as sweeping, waste collection, recycling services, supply stocking, etc.
· Cleaning and sanitization duties as assigned to BSW’s and/or FSW’s
· Review facility schedule to plan & prepare for public access, meetings, events, multi-department support services, etc.
· Liaise and support multiple internal and external stakeholders as required
· Execution and/or support of facility services & conversions
· Vehicle and equipment operations
· Inventory control and log entries as required
· Written and oral communications
· Minor maintenance tasks as assigned, interior & exterior
· Other duties as assigned
Your schedule at the Oval will look like,
As our operation runs from Monday through to Sunday, shifts could be between 7am-2am you may be expected to work evenings, graveyards, and weekends. Hours vary as a result of events and operational needs, such as shift coverage. Availability will be discussed during the interview stage.
· Must be able to work in all types of indoor & outdoor year-round climate conditions
· Must be able to be stand and/or walk for extended and/or full periods of shifts
· Must be able to meet ongoing physical demands of work, including safe lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, reaching, etc.
· Must be able to consistently lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Safe use of vehicles and equipment as required
· Independent and team work
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Exceptional detail and customer service skills
· Knowledge and ability of the cleaning methods, materials, tools and equipment used in janitorial work
· Knowledge of routine building and equipment maintenance, and minor repair tasks
· Knowledge of janitorial workplace hazards and safe practices
· Knowledge of and ability to provide excellent customer service
· Knowledge of and ability to use computer applications such as MS word and web browsers.
· Knowledge of and familiarity with a computerized maintenance management system is an asset.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
· Ability to deal courteously and effectively with co-workers and the public
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Experience with parking enforcement, road safety and/or traffic management (flagging) an asset
· Forklift and scissor lift certification an asset
· IT, A/V, event sound and/or audio experience an asset
· Experience with safe use of tools and equipment an asset
· Refrigeraton Safety Awareness education and/or certification an asset
· Must successfully complete and maintain a clear Criminal Record/Police Information Check.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
· Valid BC Driver’s License
· Building Service Worker Certificate is required
$24.33 per hour (*inclusive of 12% in-lieu of benefits) as per the Collective Agreement.
Perks: Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Access to use the Oval's 20,000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum (restrictions may apply).
- 12% in lieu of benefits increases to 16% in lieu of benefits after working 1,040 hours or 18 months of service whichever comes first.
- Collaborative team environment
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
Our GOLD medal candidate is personable, has a great attitude, is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, and has a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our organization and our community.