Strength & Conditioning Coach
Position: Strength & Conditioning Coach
Department: High Performance Sports
Position Type: Auxiliary
Posting Close Date: September 29, 2023
Strength and Conditioning Coaches at the Richmond Olympic Oval:
- Instruct, educate, provide guidance, and motivate individual athletes, small groups, and sports teams of all ages and abilities.
- Work as part of an integrated team with medical professionals and sport coaches to coordinate the training activities of athletes.
- Work extensively with managers, coaches, and administrative personnel from the Oval’s Regional Excellence Programs and Community Sport Services.
- Develop, implement and refine programs to enhance the physical abilities of athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Design programs for injury prevention and re-conditioning of injured athletes.
- Perform evaluations, testing and movement screens.
- Consistently communicate with athletes, parents, and coaches
- Attend, actively participate in, and present at team meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of the overall organization and administration of the High Performance department and training facility.
- Create and deliver both internal and external educational seminars.
- Perform research and data entry.
- Actively contribute to marketing activities including social media initiatives.
- Assist in, and/or develop educational content including presentations, videos, articles and blog posts.
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human kinetics, kinesiology, physical education, or equivalent sport sciences. Masters an asset.
- Experience as an athlete is an asset.
- 3+ years of strength and conditioning experience working with athletes of all ages and abilities. Experience working with provincial, national, Olympic and/or professional athletes an asset.
- Demonstration of continuing education.
- Current strength and conditioning credentials/certification (i.e. NSCA- CSCS).
- A thorough technical understanding of a variety of sports.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Leading individuals, small groups, and teams through structured workout
- Developing and delivering educational workshops and education based marketing initiatives.
- Working as part of an integrated team for the purpose of coordinating and supporting athlete development.
- Planning, preparing, and executing athletic performance enhancement programs.
- Developing training methodology.
- Developing and fostering strategic relationships.
- Working independently and in a team setting
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to develop and foster strong athlete/client relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Reliable transportation in order to service hours at the Richmond Oval as well as at Remote locations in the lower mainland.
- Evening Availability (4:00PM-10:00PM) is mandatory.
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal record check
- Completion of SafeSport Training, Understanding the Rule of Two, and Commit to Kids: Foundational Information courses.
Compensation range: $29.85-$51.36 (hourly rate is based on qualifications and experience)
Perks: Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Access to 20,000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum (restrictions may apply).
- 12% in lieu of benefits on top of your hourly rate.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Opportunity to work in various auxiliary positions at the Richmond Olympic Oval to grow your knowledge and experience.
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!