Oval Team Leader (Parking & Events)
Position Type: Auxiliary
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Number of positions available: 1
This role is focused on working weekends with opportunities to work additional hours/shifts based on operational needs. Through a variety of supervisory, organizational and leadership skills, the Oval Team Leader (OTL) is responsible for the preparedness and execution of parking and event services. A diplomat and ambassador of the Oval, the OTL will create a welcoming environment that is inspirational to staff, and rewarding to our Oval members, partners and guests. The OTL will however need to provide firm and clear leadership in communication to ensure that operational outcomes are met. Though assigned to the Operations department, the OTL will work closely with all Oval staff in defining and delivering service excellence. Strong communication skills and attention to detail will make the selected candidate a vital member of the Richmond Olympic Oval Team.
Job Summary and Examples of Work:
Events & Parking Scenarios
- Leading & assisting with parking and/or event execution, maintenance and logistics
- Liaising with internal & external event organizers as required
- Maintaining safety and security of people, property, equipment and assets
Services Initiatives & Staff Development
Facility and staff preparedness:
- Ensuring timeliness and quality of facility conversions
- Maintaining overall Oval aesthetics (front and back-of-house)
- Conducting event and daily staff briefings as required
- Event and crowd control, including vehicle staging
- Resource management and priority planning
- Staff training, coaching, supervision, and related tasks
- Alarm and scene management
- Investigations, reports and follow-up
- Liaising with management, staff and other Oval Team Leaders
- Other related duties as assigned and/or required
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Event background and/or demonstrated ability and understanding to service event and/or client needs
- Able to confidently, professionally and strategically manage event parking and/or event logistics needs
- Safety conscious
- Strong organizational and resource management skills
- Exemplary supervisory and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Available to work varied shifts, including daytime, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to meet & maintain the ongoing physical needs (lifting, push/pull, etc.) of the job, in all types of climate (indoor & outdoor)
- Must be able to complete and maintain a successful criminal record check
- Must be able to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (2 doses)
Work Hours: This role is focused on working weekends during events with opportunities to work additional hours/shifts based on operational needs.
Compensation: $24.18-$27.62 +12% in-lieu of benefits (based on qualifications and experience).
Perks: Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team, and Innovation.
- Access to 20,000sq ft fitness center with top-class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, climbing and speed wall, unlimited fitness classes, Olympic-sized ice rinks, and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum (restrictions may apply).
- Collaborative team environment.
- Opportunity to work in various auxiliary positions at the Richmond Olympic Oval to grow your knowledge and experience.
Our Values make us who we are
Our workplace values are the guiding principles that are most important to us about the way that we work.
Aligning with the City of Richmond, the Richmond Olympic Oval is an incredibly diverse and high performing values-based organization. Our values (People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation) are at the core of what we do; they define our culture, represent our collective conscience, and define the basic principles by which we operate. Our values govern the way we make decisions, guide us as we interact with our community, and shape our unique workplace culture and environment.
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
Our GOLD medal candidate is personable, has a great attitude, is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, and has a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our organization and our community.